Question: What Credit Cards have NO Foreign Transaction Fee?
Answer: There are many credit cards that do no charge foreign transaction fees and there are many that do charge the 3% foreign transaction fee. If you are planning to travel abroad or if you buy many things online overseas, make sure your credit card does NOT have the Foreign Transaction Fee.
A $100 purchase could cost you $3 in foreign transaction fee plus the FX rate difference. A $1,000 purchase will set you back $30 in FEE! Most foreign transaction fee ranges from 2.7% to 3.0%.
American Express is the only company that charges 2.7%; all of the rest charges 3.0% on cards that does have foreign transaction fee.
The following credit cards have no foreign transaction fees:
Chase Credit Cards with NO Foreign Transaction Fee
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Credit Card
- Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier Card
- United MileagePlus Club Card
- British Airways Visa Signature Credit Card
- The Hyatt Credit Card
- The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card
- IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card
- Ink Plus Credit Card
- INK Bold Credit Card
American Express Credit Cards with NO Foreign Transaction Fee
- American Express Platinum Credit Card
- Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card
- Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express
Citibank Credit Cards with NO Foreign Transaction Fee
- Citi ThankYou Premier Card
- Citi Executive AAdvantage World Elite Mastercard
- Citi Prestige Card